Monday 10 June 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection

Hello everybody, it's time for a beauty post! I haven't done one of these in ages but I have been excited about doing this post for a while! Now that I have a bit more time on my hands, I've finally got the time and opportunity to do this.

For a while now, I have been meaning to get some real techniques brushes but couldn't quite get the courage to buy them as they are a little on the expensive side. These are designed by the beauty blogger Samantha Chapman (also known as pixiwoo on youtube). The other week, I decided to bite the bullet and get them for £17.50 on amazon. Compared to in the shops, this is a good price as they are usually priced at around £21.00. After a few days (it seemed much longer) they finally arrived and as you can see, I was pretty happy with them! (Apologies for the cheesy grin)


It comes in nice packaging and contains 4 different shape and size brushes with a carry case. These brushes are (left to right) the buffer brush, contour brush, pointed foundation brush and detailer brush. The bristles are made of taklon, a synthetic fibre that's super soft. They can be washed gently by using soap and water but must never be dried by using a hairdryer. They should be left to dry on a flat surface so that water doesnt drip down to the bottom of the brush and weaken the glue that attaches the bristles to the handle.


The carry case can be used in a variety of different ways to suit your differing needs or preferences. It can be used for travelling as it has a velcro strip which can be used to fasten it together. I use it like this as I don't have much dressing table space and so fold it and put it away ready for the next time I use them.


It also has a string and toggle at the back and so can be stood up on a dressing table. It has two spaces on the other side for any other make-up brushes you may have (real techniques or not). I have not used these yet but may get some more real techniques brushes and so these spaces will be handy for when I do as I will have somewhere to keep them.


The first brush is the contour brush. I use this for bronzer and then blusher as it is a nice size for this and really helps to define my cheeks and the center of my face. This is my favourite brush of the collection. I go over my bronzer and blusher with the buffing brush to blend it in some more and set it (more information about this brush further on).


The next brush is the pointed foundation brush. Some people have said that they do not like it as it is too small for applying foundation and so takes a long time. However, I disagree, this is another one of my favourites of the collection. It does take a while to apply foundation but it is definitely worth it as you can achieve an airbrushed look.


The third brush of the collection is the detailer brush and is the smallest in the collection. This brush can be used for lipliner and concealer. I personally don't use lipliner so I only user it to apply concealer and blend it in finely. It can also be used for eyebrows as it is a nice size for this. I have tried to use this for eyeshadow but it is too small so I would not recommend using it for that.


The final brush of the collection is the buffer brush. This is the largest brush in the collection and I use this to blend in everything and for applying powder to any shiny areas of my face.


To anyone who is considering buying these or any brushes in the real techniques collection, I would strongly recommend them as they are not too expensive for what you get. On my youtube channel I did an unboxing video for these which can be seen here:


Blogallsorts love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment